Tuesday, April 15, 2014

SWEET & SIMPLE THIS WEEK

G’week loved ones (like G’day, but for those confined to weekly contact)!

This week has been an excellent one. I’m having a difficult time remembering anything but Saturday, so I’ll jump right to that!

Kathy was baptized! It was such a beautiful occasion. Her friend who introduced her to the church came up from Calgary, and there was a lot of ward support! She asked me to baptize her (since she knew me longer), and it was a beautiful experience. I could feel her spirit radiating from her, and as we stepped into the font I could feel Heavenly Father’s love for both of us. The actual baptizing went off without a hitch, and the whole program was smooth and spiritual. I’m so grateful that Heavenly Father allowed me to be a part of that process.

She came to church on Sunday still glowing, and Elder Jolley had the opportunity to confirm her. Another outpouring of the Spirit. It’s so amazing to see the process of someone accepting the gospel and the effect it has on them. Those of us who have already entered into the covenant of baptism still need this gospel, though! We still make mistakes, and we still need the Atonement just as much as the next person! None of us needs the Atonement less than anyone else, so none of us should assume we’re better off! What’s so amazing is that as many times as we sincerely repent, we will be forgiven. Don’t forget! I’m grateful for the love and forgiveness that’s extended to each of us, and I know that all we need to do to be happy, in this life and in the life to come, is to align our will with Heavenly Father’s. We’ll be pretty well off if we’re doing that! Thank you all for your love and support! Keep reading!

Keep the faith,
Elder Webb

•  •  •



No comments:

Post a Comment