Thursday, April 10, 2014

SPRINGTIME IN CANADIA

Elder Eli continues TCoB in the land northward. He seems well, he seems happy, and that makes us well and happy.

Note: A couple of the references below require explanation, so your humble editor’s notes shall attempt to clarify:

Hello humans! I hope you all had a wonderful week, and that this one is even better. My week was good! The highlight was definitely General Conference. It’s so wonderful that we get to hear the prophets speak to us! I don’t think I can pick a favorite talk until I can read them again, but my favorite session was definitely priesthood. Just incredible.

Things are going well with Kathy! If everything goes according to plan, she’ll be baptized this Saturday! We’ve still got some teaching to do before then, but she’s so ready! She’s excited, too. keep her in your prayers!

Jacob/Pill is alright. He’s mostly just in it for education (which is fine), so he’s not really looking for an answer. In fact, he told us that he even likes not knowing the truth about God or anything like that. He likes that it’s a mystery to him! He has no idea what he’s missing out on. Jacob, there’s still plenty of things to be confused about once you’re baptized! Kidding, of course. The Gospel is wonderful and simple, and everything we need to know for our salvation can be understood by an eight-year-old.

[EXPLANATION INTERRUPTION 1: Berta, Dave and Max visited Berta’s parents. Max played some guitar and sang, and Dave joined on djembe. We sent pics to Elder Eli.] 
I wish I could’ve been there for the visit with Grandma and Grandpa! It looked fun. I wish I could be there for all family gatherings, but I’ll have plenty of those when I’m home! I really am so grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission. It’s blessed me in more ways than I could imagine. I’ve grown so much! (I can’t quite muster a beard yet, but I’d say it’s pretty good progress for ten months out. Fourteen more months and I should be sitting pretty! Brace yourselves for the lack of shaving that’s going to happen once I’m home.)

This week marks the beginning of a new transfer, and I am to stay in Coronation Park with Elder Jolley! I’m so excited that I get one more transfer here, and one more transfer with him. We’re really looking forward to it! Our dynamic is so fun. He’s certainly a Jolley. I’m also still District Leader, which I’m excited for. We had lots of additional meetings last transfer so we only had two district meetings, but this transfer should be a lot more straightforward!

Thank you for all of your support and love! They make a world of difference! Continue reading, if you so desire!

Keep the faith,
Elder Webb

[EXPLANATION INTERRUPTION 2: For her birthday Berta was invited to laser tag with the ladies of our neighborhood. She regularly found herself matching wits with a fellow tagger, “Tekken” (not a lady of any neighborhood), whom we’ve all battled before.]
P.S. Mom, I had a suspicion it would be a Tekken story the minute I read “laser tag”. He’s been a constant throughout my life. I feel as if we’ve been connected since our first meeting when I was in elementary school. I think we’re destined for a legendary battle someday. You said you never knew he was older, but remember that my first encounter with him was when I was in elementary school, and he was much older than I. I bet his dream is to be frozen in carbonite when he dies, then used as a decoration in the maze.
Love that boy. Not sure about loving the threatened Beard-ification of Mid-2015, but we’ll roll our eyes at that bridge when we come to it.

•  •  •




No comments:

Post a Comment