Tuesday, June 24, 2014

TIME MARCHES ON . . .

. . . even if the collection of mission pictures does not. Oh, well . . . He’s got a great spirit about him, and we love him all the same.

Hello family and others!

I hope all is well on that side of the border. Things are good over here! We’re finally getting some nice weather. Seriously, it’s been so rainy and blustery lately. Would it be so terrible if we had some sunny days? I mean, it’s not like we just had eight months of winter or anything. Goodness. But, it’s supposed to be nice for the next little bit. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts!

Our investigator pool is still somewhat lacking, but we’ve got some good things in the works. We just got a new investigator this last week named Liz, and she seems to be reasonably interested. Her daughter seemed like she was even more interested, but she couldn’t stick around for the lesson. We’re going to try and get both of them next time. Other than that, we’ve got some potentials lined up that seem promising. We’re really trying to work hard with the members to get them excited about missionary work, but peeps seem to be pretty slow when it comes to sharing the gospel. What’s up with that? Have we not heard about it enough in General Conference or the church magazines or in our own congregations? What’s it going to take? I hope y’all back home are picking up what the general authorities are throwing down, because this work is so important, and we all need to be a part of it.

Red Deer is a good place. I like the ward and I like the missionaries I’m around. Guess what! Elder Monks, my MTC companion, is in my district down here! It’s been so fun being able to see him every week and spend some time with him. The MTC was one year ago! I can’t even believe that. Well, I kind of can because it does feel like a lifetime ago, but at the same time it feels like this time went by so fast. People keep saying the second year goes even faster, but I can’t quite imagine that. I want to make this year even better than the first.

Thanks for all of your love and support! They are felt and they are appreciated. If I can do anything for any of you, please let me know! You’re all fabulous.

Keep the faith,
Elder Eli
•    ❦    •


No comments:

Post a Comment