Friday, December 13, 2013

NEW DAY, NEW AREA, SAME ELDER ELI (THANKFULLY!)

Great stuff from Elder Eli this week, so we’ll get right to it. (Read through for pictures, below.)

Good tidings, familia!

This has been a crazy week. Like I mentioned, I got transferred! I was sent down to Edmonton, in the Coronation Park ward. So far, I love it. The members are fantastic, and the area is really sweet. Completely different from Peace River. We use public transportation a lot. Technically we are in a car share area (“car sharea”), but we share with the Sisters in the ward so we usually let them have it.

My companion is Elder Konecki, from Wilton, CA. He only has one brother, named Max. He loves the Beatles and Zelda. You could say we get along. He’s been doing a good job of showing me the city ropes, and I’ve done a good job of making him want to serve in Peace River (read: deer-antler knife). He’s been out three months, so technically I’m the senior companion, but he’s senior in the area so we’re kind of on the same page.

We had a crazy miracle this last week. We got a text from a man who introduced himself, and said that he and his wife would like to take the discussions. We went to his house a few days later and started talking. We were sort of testing the water and I said, “So, what do you want to get out of these meetings?” And he said, “Well, we want to take the discussions so we can be baptized and get sealed in the temple.” Good enough for us!

We taught them the first lesson, and at the end they set their own baptismal date for February 22! I’ve been out long enough to know that this doesn’t happen, yet I can’t figure out why the Lord has seen fit to give me such wonderful opportunities. I won’t complain, though. I’ve had an amazing six months, and I hope to continue to have an amazing 18! (By the way, that was the fastest six months of my life. Whoopee!)

Also, I have received my Christmas package. I hate having it yell at me in the corner of our apartment (when I say “yell,” imagine that commercial with the stain on the shirt). I’m very excited to open it. Thank you for being proactive and sending me such wonderful things! (I'm assuming they’re wonderful, I suppose I don't actually know.)

I love you all! Thank you for keeping me posted on things. Keep up the good work!

Elder Webb

We’re grateful he survived Peace River (and vice versa), and we’re eager for continued reports of miracles, wellness and (yeah, yeah) coldness.




•  •  •




No comments:

Post a Comment