Thursday, July 24, 2014

FROM “MAZEL TOV” TO TALMAGE

More great news from the North:
July 21, 2014 
All,

Mazel tov! This has been a great week. We have a new investigator named Des. She is living with a less-active member of our ward named Mitch, and they’re both wonderful people. They’re both pretty young, too. Des is actually genuine and sincere, which is so refreshing. We’re supposed to find those people that will receive us, but it’s hard to judge who really is receptive.

When Christ told us to do this, I’m not sure He meant, “Find people that will let you in the door”, although that is where a lot of conversion starts. The point is to not let it stop there. We need to find people that will not only receive us/the Gospel into their homes, but into their hearts as well. From my limited perspective, it seems as though Des is receiving and feeling this message in her heart. She and her boyfriend Mitch actually came to church on Sunday! They both had a good experience. I asked Mitch how he liked it and he said, “I actually forgot how many things I missed about it.” It’s a beautiful thing to witness hearts being softened and worked on by the Spirit. I care so much for the people I meet, so when they actually start aligning their will with Heavenly Father’s it gives me a lot of joy. Obviously there are things for both of them to overcome, but as long as they’re humble and open to the promptings of the Spirit they’re going to find a lot of happiness.

Bill is doing well! His daughter Noelle says he’s considerably happier, which is so good to hear. It’s strange to me how quickly I grew to care for those two. My heart went out to them, and now we’ve got a good relationship! We did service for Noelle last Saturday and it was a good experience. We had good conversation and she felt the Spirit as we were there serving. I don’t know what sort of doors are supposed to be opened by our contact with them, but I pray that I can do what Heavenly Father needs me to do in order to help them along whatever path they need to be on. Plus, if I need to play some cards and tile rummy while I’m at it, I guess I can handle it. For Bill.

I read a great article just this morning and I wanted to share it with y’all! It’s a perspective on the parable of the Good Samaritan that I hadn’t heard before, and I loved it! The parables are really cool, by the way. Elder James E. Talmage gives brilliant insights to the parables in Jesus the Christ, so check them out! Anyway, here’s the link: https://www.lds.org/liahona/2007/02/the-good-samaritan-forgotten-symbols?lang=eng&query=good+samaritan

Thank you all for your love and support! You’re amazing people, and God loves you. Keep reading and writing. Love y’all!

Keep the faith,
Elder Webb

•    ❦    •



No comments:

Post a Comment