Tuesday, July 8, 2014

SAME AREA, NEW COMP

Good morrow to familials and others! 
This has been a good, busy week. Sort of a blur. I got a new companion, Elder Felt. He’s from Cottonwood Heights, Utah, and he attended Brighton high school. We’ve got a few mutual friends. He’s a gifted pianist, and I readily offer his services if we’re at a member’s house and they have a piano. He wants to work hard and be obedient, which is so important. He is the second oldest of seven boys. Crazy. He’s been out two transfers longer than I have. I don’t know what to expect for these next few transfers. I could end up doing two with him, or either of us could be transferred after this transfer. Who knows! What’s comforting is that whatever happens is what Heavenly Father wants to happen. 
We did make contact with our old friend again! I now remember that his name is Bill. He didn’t come down to play games so we found out what area he lived in (this place is huge) and went up to visit him. His daughter was there again so we all sat around a table in a little lobby area and talked for a bit. She had to reschedule for us to come over and do that service, so hopefully that will happen this week. We had a good time. Bill seems to be doing much better, and now we’re committed to see him every Friday. If he comes down to play we’ll see him and play with him, and if he doesn’t we’ll come up to see him. I really like him a lot. 100 years old! Nuts. 
That sounds like an awesome birthday package for Hannah! Well done! I think you may have outdone me, but I am on a mission. Beggars can’t be choosers, amiright (seems to be a theme, lately)? 
I’m so happy for Max! Just a tad jealous that he got some Ecco wingtips, but that’s whatever (BCBC,A?). You know, missions really are incredible. But, they’re only as incredible as you make them. You can serve you’re entire two years and be miserable the entire time. Even if you’re not miserable, you might not get as much out of the experience as you could if you were truly dedicated and focused. 
That’s been a concern of mine, lately. Am I really doing what the Lord would have me do? Am I getting what I’m supposed to out of my mission? It’s important to self-evaluate and constantly adapt and improve. I’ve got a lot of improving left to do, but I pray for the sense to recognize what needs to improve and the wherewithal to bring about that improvement. You guys could pray for those things for me as well! Please. 
I didn’t really do anything to celebrate the Fourth of July! However, we were at a member’s house for supper that evening and she asked us to sing and play the Star-Spangled Banner. Sort of random, but I gave it my all. We’ve been to her house since then, and she asked us to sing some different hymns, so we had a little sing-along. Part of me hopes it becomes tradition. She reminds me of Grandma Mary. 
It’s strange to look back on one year ago and look at what I was doing on my mission. It’s also strange to look ahead to one year from now and realize that I’ll be home! Sakes. I want to make the most of these next 11 months. I’m grateful for all of the opportunities I have to learn and go, and I pray that I’ll be able to learn and grow in the direction that Heavenly Father would have me go. 
Keep the faith,
Elder Webb

•    ❦    •



No comments:

Post a Comment