Monday, January 5, 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

The parent (who shall remain nameless) in charge of blog updates has let slip his/her duties, so this week’s post 1) is late, and 2) includes the even-later LAST WEEK’S post.

(Note: It would be great for this nameless parent if you, gentle reader, would picture this nameless parent’s wife as a possible, conceivable slipper of duties. The nameless parent thanks you.)

Christmas Day 2014
(That’s not 6 hours 35 min — though Mom would have loved it!)
December 22, 2014  
Families and others,

Merry Christmas! This email isn’t going to be too long since I’m talking to y’all on Thursday! 11:00 should work great for me! I just got a haircut, so you’ve got that to look forward to. It looks pretty good, if I say so myself. Also, I decided that I won’t send you a picture of the boots since I’ll just be able to show you in person! The suspense! Hint: They’re wonderful.
Hmm... He says they’re wonderful; they’re mukluks.
And yes, he has worn them for missionary work.
(Parents’ sincere reaction captured, above right.)
I have received the Christmas package, and I have a confession to make. I knew the presents would be wrapped, so I opened the box. I knew that Mom would have sent candy, so I did some digging and found a chocolate marshmallow Santa and totally ate him! And he was delicious! I know, I know, you don’t need to tell me. I totally broke Christmas. It’s alright, though, because there are still surprises! Thanks for chocolate marshmallow Santas!

This was a good week! We met with Jody to pass her over to some other missionaries. She lives out of our area, and it was supposed to be temporary, but now she’s planning on staying for a while. The lesson we had with her and the other Elders was incredible! She agreed to a date for baptism! I’m a little bit bummed that we can’t see her all the way through it, but the church is still true in the Kingsway ward! Since it’s still in the city I’ll be able to attend her baptism, which will be really special. We’re meeting with Scott tomorrow, so hopefully that goes well! You know, I’ll give you the details in a few days! I can’t wait to see you!

Go do something nice for someone! Share the Spirit of Christmas! Have a good week!

Keep the faith,
Elder Webb
They’re looking at their cousin Oliver (3 mos. old), whom they hadn’t met.
We had a couple of minutes with both boys together, then Elder Eli called back a bit later.
•        •


December 15, 2014

Loved’ns,

Glad to hear that those whom I’ve heard from are doing well! I hope to hear from those I haven’t heard from, but in the meantime I hope you’re also doing well. I’m doing well, if you’re wondering. Missionary work is taxing, but so rewarding.

Transfer calls happened today, and I’m staying with Elder Babb in Rainbow Valley! Woohoo! I’m thrilled. I love Elder Babb, I love this area, and I get to stay here for Christmas! I’m mostly glad that I get to stay and help the work move forward in this area. I want to leave with good things going, and things lately have been a little slow. We want to kick it into high gear so that we can have good things happening come February.

Jody came to church but she’s been hard to get a hold of. We’re meeting with her this week and we’re going to pass her over to the missionaries in her area. Where she’s living now was supposed to be for a few weeks while her place is renovated, but now she’s planning on staying for a few months, so we’re going to get her going to the right ward. Jessica still won’t commit to meeting with us, and Jody won’t either. However, we just got a new investigator this morning! His name is Scott, and some other missionaries found him and referred him to us. He’s been to Bible school and he’s very bright. Unlike most Bible school scholars we’ve encountered (nothing against Bible school scholars), he’s open and willing to experiment. We’re meeting with him again on Saturday, so hopefully he will have read the Book of Mormon between now and then! It’s amazing to meet people and see the potential they have within the gospel. It’s heartbreaking to see them not live up to that potential, but all we can do is invite and help them to change!

Christmas is upon us! I love the Christmas season. Hearts are softened and people have questions. That’s where we come in! Let’s all try a little bit harder to take advantage of this season of giving and be a little bit better!

If you’re reading this, I love you! Remember what Christmas is all about and act accordingly! Thanks for the love and support!

Merry Christmas!

Keep the Faith,
Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment