Sunday, January 25, 2015

OUR FAVO(U)RITE CANADA MISSIONARY

From last week (then we’re caught up!):

January 19, 2015

This was a great week! A lot happened, so let’s get right into it!

On Tuesday we had the opportunity to attend the temple! I’m so lucky to have one so close! Some missionaries don’t have a temple near them so they don’t get to go for an entire two years! Serving away from one has made me realize how grateful I am to have one so close to my home. Readers, please get to the temple. It’s an excellent benchmark to see if you’re doing what you need to be doing. Go as often as occasion will allow. The spirit that is to be felt there is unlike anything else. Nothing can replace it, nothing can replicate it.

We also had the opportunity to go on exchanges with the Assistants this week! Elder Scott Sorensen is one of our assistants, and I exchanged with him! For those of you who don’t know, Elder Sorensen and I were friends before our missions. We were both at BYU and we spent a bit of time together. We also came out on our missions together, and were in the same zone in the MTC. Basically, I’d been waiting for this exchange our entire mission. It was a good time. 
On the exchange we stopped by a family where the father was less-active and the rest of the family weren’t members. They had four adorable children. The third child was a very shy little girl who was avoiding us the whole time. If you know anything, you know that I love kids and I want to be there favorite. This girl was being shy and playing with her My Little Ponies. I asked her which one was her favorite. No answer. I then reached deep into my reserves of “useless” knowledge and asked, “Is it Rainbowdash? Rarity? Twilight? Pinkypie?” Which made her pretty excited. I was racking my brain for more when her mom said “Her favorite’s Applejack.” Of course! How could I forget Applejack? She ran to show me the Applejack doll she sleeps with, and a good time was had by all. I think I impressed/creeped out every adult in the room. Sometimes you retain things when you have a Brony college roommate (a Brony is a man who likes My Little Pony — don’t get me started). Suffice to say I’m probably that little girl’s favorite missionary. (I used “favorite” a lot in this paragraph and each time this silly Canadian computer tried to get me to spell it “favourite”. Nay nay.)

We met with Matt and Scott this week! I didn’t see Scott because we were on exchanges, but he seems pretty committed to reading the Book of Mormon! We’re meeting with him again on Tuesday. We had a great lesson with Matt. This seems to be something he wants in his life, and he agreed to be baptised on February 28th! I’ll be out of the area, but I’m excited to hear about it! He’s got a lot to overcome between now and then, but if he commits he can do it! It’s so amazing to see people make changes that will lead to their ultimate happiness and success! I’m grateful for these opportunities I have to grow myself then to help people grow in their own lives.

My time is coming to an end in Rainbow Valley! I’ve still got a week, but I’ve loved my time here. I’ve seen amazing things happen and I’ve learned a lot. Excited to see what these next three transfers hold! Thanks for reading!

Keep the faith,
Elder Webb


No comments:

Post a Comment