Saturday, January 31, 2015

TEMPLE WORK

Last area? Not possible. He’s only been serving for about an hour and a half!
Fambams and others,

Greetings! I hope you’ve all had a good week! This week has been crazy. I’d known that I was going to be transferred, and that wherever I was going would be my last area, so I was stressing for a few days before transfer calls. I honestly wanted to get out of the city and into the Sticks again, but apparently the Lord had something else in mind, which I’m okay with. I’m to be serving my final four months in the Ellerslie ward. It’s in the southern part of the city, in the Millwoods zone. It’s a family ward, and I’m no longer in a leadership position. It looks like all I need to worry about now is the work I do in my own area! The change should be good. I’ll be serving with Elder Ergas. I’ve seen him around, but we haven’t officially met. Shouldn’t be a problem. So wild that this is my last area! It’s unreal how fast the time is going. Now I need to buckle down and apply everything I’ve learned over the last 20 months. I’m excited for this test. All I want is to make my Heavenly Father proud. Buckle up, Ellerslie.

Cool story! We were able to do service in the Edmonton temple this week! Not temple work, mind you. The temple is closed for renovations, and missionaries get to help! When Elder Babb and I went we got to help put carpet in. So weird. We were wearing outside shoes and carrying and cutting carpet. It was all messy inside with tools and equipment and glue and cleaner liquid and stuff. We were under the direction of Brother Ranger from southern Alberta. He’s been doing carpet for 37 years, and he’s also done work on the Cardston temple. Such a strange, unique, and still spiritual experience. There was a moment when Elder Babb and I were sitting alone in the Terrestrial room on a step we had just put carpet on. I was repairing my shoe with contact cement because part of my heel had come off in the carpeting process. We were both so weirded out with the whole thing, but it was so wonderful! I’m way more invested in the Edmonton temple than I was before. There’s a part of me in there! Great experience.

Honestly this week was a blur with transfers coming up. I can’t remember much of what happened. We weren’t able to meet with any investigators because they flaked on us, but we’re still maintaining hope. We won’t give up on them! I’m grateful for Heavenly Father’s hand in our lives. If we let Him, He will guide us and direct us down those paths that will lead to our ultimate growth and happiness. Humility is key! He knows best, so let’s follow Him!

Thanks for reading! You’re a wonderful, special, talented person, you. Don’t forget it!

Keep the faith,
Elder Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment