Saturday, November 8, 2014

A WEEK IN THE LIFE

Looks like a typical (read: memorable!) week for Elder Eli:

November 3, 2014 
Well-wishes and warm hugs to all!

Things are well in this neck of the woods. The temperature is steadily dropping, but we don’t have snow yet, so for now the Church is still true. I am recovering from a pretty tame head cold, and life is good. I hope the rest of you can say the same!

This was an excellent week. I’ll try to take things in order:

Wednesday we went to the Oilers game! It was such a blast. Our investigator (Jody) had a great time. The member that took us brought jerseys for all of us to wear, so we just threw it on over our white shirts and ties! We still had our name tags visible, fret not. The downside was that we were slaughtered by the Nashville Predators, 4-1. It’s alright, a good time was had by all (except the Oilers).

Thursday we met with Jodie. Her friend Jen came to the lesson, and so did President and Sister Manion! President likes to come out with us when he can. It was a really good lesson. It’s clear that Jody has already had answers and confirmations, the issue now is getting her to realize that and commit. She’s humble and willing, though, so it shouldn’t be that much of a struggle. Also, Dad, before that lesson a member in the ward took us out to supper at The Keg, so now I’ve been. Holy delicious, Batman. Holy expensive, Batman.

Friday was Halloween! President Manion wanted us in for the night at 6:00 so that we could avoid any situations. Thank goodness we live with members. The night was spent eating and talking and laughing and carving pumpkins and passing out candy. Unfortunately that’s when I started to get sick, but Sister Woodruff gave me some meds and they’ve been helping.

Saturday was Jordan’s baptism! It was so amazing to see him taking it all in. He’s got a great understanding. There’s still a lot of work to do to make sure it’s a lasting conversion, but he’ll be fine. He asked me to baptize him, so that was a special experience. We’ve become very close, and I know we’ll be lifelong friends.

Sunday was Jordan’s confirmation and Elder Ganley’s last Sunday on his mission! He’s been a fantastic companion, and we’ve learned a lot from each other. This is the first companion that I’ve sent home, and it’s been a learning experience. He’s excited and we’ll stay in touch, so I’m not actually going to miss him that much. The confirmation went smoothly, and Jordan already has great relationships with people in the ward.

Today we got our transfer calls! I’m staying in Rainbow Valley and I’m getting Elder Babb. I met him when I was just over a month out in Peace River. He’s such a good guy. Just a few months ago we were talking about how cool it would be if we were companions! I’m really excited for these next three months. Woohoo!

Things are great with Travis, still. We’re set to have his baptism this Saturday, and he’s ready and excited. No hangups there, thank heavens. We weren’t able to meet with Jessica this week, but we’re pretty sure she’s still doing great.

I’m grateful for the experiences I’m having and the miracles I’m witnessing. I’m grateful for the opportunity I have to serve as a missionary, and I pray that I can be the missionary that Heavenly Father would have me be. I’m grateful for all you folks at home and abroad. Thanks for praying for me and supporting me! You’re all superstars, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise! Keep reading, keep writing, but most important:

Keep the faith,
Elder Eli



•    ❦    •

No comments:

Post a Comment